Events and Retail Manager
CFMNL is looking for a competent Events and Retail Manager (ERM) who will be directly responsible for
1) All internal and external events of the community
2) Partnerships that the organization enters into through sponsorship agreements, co-branding activities and merchandise.
The ERM will ensure that events are well-attended, successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints. The ERM is, above all, a project manager who understands marketing and promotion techniques. We want to see enthusiastic candidates
with fresh ideas and the organizational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
Scope of Work and Responsibilities
• Plan events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
• Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
• Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
• Traveling to on site inspections and project managing events
• Securing and booking a suitable venue or location;
• Coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire;
• Planning layouts and the program
• Organizing facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media;
• Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations.
• Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project
• Lead promotional activities for the event
• Liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event;
• Drive attendance to the event.
• Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
• Coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings;
• Providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to your team
• Coordinate all operations
• Ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to;
• Identifying and securing speakers, special guests, or hosts;
• Selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners;
• Researching markets to identify opportunities for events;
• Approve all aspects before the day of the event
• Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
• Analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentation
• Define company brand through events
Skills and Requirements
• Works well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of an event
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Project management experience;
• Time-management skills;
• Problem-solving skills and diplomacy;
• Strong communication, teamwork and negotiation skills;
• Sales and/or marketing skills;
• The ability to manage budgets;
• A flexible and adaptable approach.
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Ability to use initiative
• Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
• Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
• Customer-service orientation
• A team player with leadership skills
Bonus: Existing CrossFit membership in CFMNL is a plus!
CFMNL provides excellent compensation packages for its employees. Compensation is also based on the employee’s years of experience, skills, positive evaluation, expertise, and overall performance. Being a fast growing fitness company with over 7 branches around the Metro, CFMNL also provides opportunities for growth and development; such as competitive base salary, potential bonuses, promotions, even training & development. Free membership is also always a perk for every CFMNL employee, because we believe in keeping a healthy and fit workforce!
Email a resumé and cover letter to Lendl at email@example.com to apply!
Want to enjoy work in a friendly, supportive and inspiring environment? Want to work a job where you feel fulfillment at the end of the day? CFMNL is the place for you. With over 7 branches around the Metro and counting; We take pride in revolutionizing the fitness industry in the Philippines. Day in and day out, we see our clients progress and reach their fitness goals one WoD at a time. And so we offer our team members unique benefits and the same opportunities to progress in their fitness and career.